Under direction of the Patient Relations & Guest Services Manager, receives and assesses requests from all major customer constituencies: patients, providers, service areas and payers. Analyzes customer requests and coordinates accurate and thorough information exchange. Provides accurate documentation following all established protocols. Collaborates with service area and acts as liaison between Baystate Health and our external customers to satisfy customer requests. Performs responsibilities within established customer service standards.
1) Processes all assigned admissions and related transactions within established monthly QA thresholds for Bed Management Dashboard, SMS, On-Line Survey, and E-mail boxes as assigned (CIS Physician Order Box, PCP Changes Box, Patient Status Corrections Box, On-Line Survey box).
2) Collects demographic, insurance and clinical information necessary to appropriately place the patient.
3) Processes all calls in a Service Excellence oriented manner. Adheres to call guides and flows. Communicates in a professional, respectful and appropriate manner to all patients and/or family members as well as hospital staff.
4) Maintains call levels/call guides based on data from monthly telephone QA.
Signs in and out of correct lines assigned.
5) Recognizes and communicates problems to the right person/system.
Offers constructive ideas/suggestions for solving problems.
6) Attends required in-service/meetings. Maintains resource materials. Applies acquired skills. Adheres to policies and procedures. Accepts and encourages assessment and feedback from peers and supervisor.
7) Complete all Circle of Life responsibilities:
Receives, documents Circle of Life information
Assist in preparation of Death Certificate as needed
Arranges and assist in telephone post mortem authorization as needed
Verifies status, notifies Funeral Home or Medical Examiner and completes documentation for release of expired patients to Funeral Home or Medical Examiner
8) Complete admission functions for Wesson Women's Hospital.
9) Information resource to facility.
Required Work Experience:
1) Minimum of 90 days experience as an ASR I
2) Successfully completed departmental orientation, and signed off by mentor in assigned product line
3) Completes assigned activities independently 90% of the time
Preferred Work Experience:
1) None Listed
Skills and Competencies:
1) Medical Terminology Certification within one year of hire is a competency of this job.
2) Keyboard skills and ability to type 25 wpm; Speak, read and write English clearly and concisely using correct grammar and vocabulary
You Belong At Baystate
At Baystate Health we know that treating one another with dignity and equity is what elevates respect for our patients and staff. It makes us not just an organization, but also a community where you belong. It is how we advance the care and enhance the lives of all people.
DIVERSE TEAMS. DIVERSE PATIENTS. DIVERSE LOCATIONS.
GED or HiSET (Required)
Certified Medical Terminology - Other
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Baystate Health is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
Ab out Baystate Health
Baystate Health (BH) is one of New England's leading and largest integrated health care organizations, serving a population of nearly one million people throughout western New England. With roots dating back to the founding of Springfield City Hospital in 1873, Baystate Health has been providing high-quality and compassionate health care in western Massachusetts for more than 145 years. With more than 12,000 employees, a medical staff of nearly 3,100 physicians, and a net patient service revenue of more than $1.4 billion, the ever-growing health system includes five Massachusetts hospitals and the Baystate Mary Lane Outpatient Center in Ware:
Baystate Medical Center in Springfield
Baystate Children's Hospital (located at Baystate Medical Center)
Baystate Franklin Medical Center in Greenfield
Baystate Wing Hospital in Palmer
Baystate Noble Hospital in Westfield