Oncology?practice ?in McKinney is increasing Staff to accomodate and comfort patient needs.? Currently, we are looking for a Medical Assistant.? As a medical assistant your job will include:
- Escorts patients to and from exam rooms, physician offices, and treatment room as appropriate.
- Records patient data prior to each physician visit, including but not limited to, vital signs, height, weight, allergies, and medication changes.
- Obtains all necessary patient records as required by physician and verifies presence of consent prior to treatment or procedures.
- Prepares and stocks exam/treatment rooms and orders supplies as needed.
- Assists physicians with exams and procedures as requested.
- Assists with delegated patient education activities including but not limited to distributing education literature, etc.
- Obtains blood specimens from peripheral sites as needed and in accordance with OSHA and universal precautions.
- Administers subcutaneous and intramuscular injections, including but not limited to, hormones and biological growth factors.
- Maintains all exam/treatment room disinfection protocols.
- Processes instruments and equipment as needed.
- Answers patient telephone calls for referral to physician or nurse/pharmacist.
- Phones in prescriptions and makes other patient calls as directed by physicians and RN.
- Displays excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Medical Assistant Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Certificate of graduation from an accredited program for Medical Assistants is required
- Minimum three years experience as a medical assistant or nursing assistant in a hospital or clinic setting.
- Phlebotomy experience preferred.
- Current CPR certification required.
- Certified Medical Assistant preferred.
- Oncology experience preferred.
Physician owned practice specializing in Hematology, Oncology and Radiation Oncology.