Manager, Case Management / Sacred Heart Hospital Emerald Coast / FT Days
Title: Mgr, Case Management
City, State: Destin,FL
Location: Sacred Heart Hospital Emerald Coast
Department: Case Management
Additional Job Details: Full-Time Days ; Relocation Assistance provided
The Sacred Heart Human Resources Department encourages you to picture yourself in a valuable role with Northwest Florida's leading health care provider -- Sacred Heart Health System.
As a member of the Ascension Health System, Sacred Heart has a history of providing high-quality, compassionate care since 1915.
Salaries are highly competitive and we offer an excellent, flexible benefits package. We are fortunate to attract people who believe in our mission and who are dedicated to the service of our patients and their families.
Our associates give high ratings to their job engagement and the support for their well-being provided by our health care organization. Sacred Heart associates have scored among the highest in overall associate engagement within Ascension Health.
Northwest Florida is a growing family-oriented community. It offers a delightful year round climate, low cost living, excellent schools, boundless recreational opportunities and beautiful sugar white beaches along the warm waters of the Gulf of Mexico.
The Mgr, Case Management manages assigned Registered Nurse case managers, social workers and CDI coders for their related activities and workflow.
- Educates new staff
- Assists with program oversight on a daily basis and follows up on observation cases as requested
- Assists with analysis of denied days, denial report preparation and trending of denial data and physician performance
- Serves as content specialist for staff in the areas of utilization criteria, appeal and review process, and case management system documentation
- Develops staff schedule and revises assignments daily to assure optimal unit coverage and distribution of workload within staffing standards
- Covers on units as needed
- Serves as a resource for complex case management issues
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing preferred
- Five years of clinical experience in an acute care setting required
- Three years of experience in utilization and discharge planning required
- Three years of experience in a leadership role required
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing required
Licenses & Certifications:
- Current Case Management certification preferred
- Current licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Florida required or licensure eligible
How to Apply
If you are interested in joining the Sacred Heart Health System Team, please apply by completing an online application.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sacred Heart Health System is an equal opportunity employer.
Sacred Heart Health System participates in the Electronic Employment Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more information.
If you have any questions about the application process or require a reasonable accommodation to complete the application, please contact the Ascension Health Ministry Service Center between the hours of 8:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. EST M-F.