Food Service Coordinator II - Catering
What does it mean to be a part of Intermountain Healthcare? It means that the quest for clinical excellence is not just a goal, but a given. It means building an environment where physicians and employees can deliver the best in medicine. And it’s realizing each employee or volunteer is vital to the healing process, because we can only achieve the extraordinary together.
Being a part of Intermountain Healthcare means joining with a world-class team of over 32,000 employees and embarking on a career filled with opportunities, strength, innovation, and fulfillment. Our mission is: excellence in the provision of healthcare services to communities in the Intermountain region.
Our patients deserve the best in medicine, and we deliver.
The role of a Food Service Coordinator at Intermountain Healthcare is to ensure the food production, and preparation is delivered in a professional and safe manner. The Food Service Coordinator will coordinate efforts between the food service staff to ensure food is delivered safely and timely. All food service associates can truly make a difference by giving friendly, caring, courteous and professional service to every customer. A food service worker helps ensure our healing commitments are met by their excellence and dedication.
1. Participates in orienting, training, scheduling, disciplining, and leading employees as appropriate.
2. Coordinates and maintains workflow of assigned area.
3. Ensures a quality food service operation, including production, customer service, and training.
4. Orders food and supplies. Maintains an appropriate inventory.
5. Ensures that department standards for quality, sanitation, and safety are met.
6. Completes required reports and documentation.
7. Coordinates resources (supplies, man hours) within budget.
8. Participates in quality monitoring activities and process improvement.
9. Participates in development of menus and recipes.
Entry Rate: $11.53
Benefits Eligible: Yes
Shift Details: 40 hours per week working 6:00 am - 2:30 pm with other hours as needed for special catering events.
Department: Food & Nutrition
- Two years related food service experience
- Six months supervisory or lead experience
- Read, write, and communicate effectively
- Food Handler's Permit as required by county
- Carrying, Climbing, Hearing/Listening, Lifting, Manual Dexterity, Pushing/Pulling, Seeing, Speaking, Squatting/Kneeling, Standing, Walking
- Previous catering experience
All positions subject to close without notice
Intermountain Healthcare is an equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V
Working Hours 40
Primary Work Location McKay-Dee Hospital
Interested in accessing additional jobs from Intermountain Health? Download the Intermountain Health job app to access and share high quality job opportunities from home, at work or on-the-go. The Intermountain Health job app is available for the following Apple IOS devices: iPhone, iPad, and iTouch.