Vice President Sales, Healthcare Enterprise Solutions, NorthEastVice President Sales, Healthcare Enterprise Solutions, NorthEast
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
* Prospect and build relationships with assigned Enterprise accounts
* Act as the centralized customer point-of-contact for MedAssets, and as the primary MedAssets executive face to the account
* Responsible for the decision-making integral to closing new business, and accountable for the implications of those decisions
* Orchestrate all of the business units and sales team during the sales process
* Depending on account situation, either continue as the primary customer executive contact, or when appropriate, transition the relationship to a Client Account Manager
Minimum Knowledge, Competencies & Qualifications:
* Healthcare Industry Trends: In-depth knowledge of current regulatory, market and customer trends that are driving purchasing, supply chain, and software buying activity. Broad knowledge of current hospital issues, e.g. reimbursement, physician - hospital relationships, hospital competitors, etc.
* Hospital Business Processes: Broad understanding of core hospital business processes (revenue management, purchasing/supply chain, clinical management, resource scheduling, etc.)
* Healthcare Industry Network: Development and maintenance of a network of key hospital and IDN executives, as well as industry thought leaders and influencers.
* MedAssets Products and Services: A broad knowledge of all of MedAssets' products and services, how they integrate, and the customer value they deliver
* MedAssets Strategic Value: Insight into the business value of MedAssets products and services
* MedAssets Business Units: Knowledge and understanding of each unit's capabilities, operations, and the key contacts for customer-related activities
* MedAssets Sales Process and Tools: Sales best practices, methodology and supporting tools that are developed and deployed by MedAssets
* Project Management Methodologies: Common processes, practices and tools associated with project management
* Business Process Improvement Methodologies: Common processes, practices and tools associated with identifying process inefficiencies and defining process improvements
* Leadership and Conflict Management Methodologies: Common approaches and facilitation technique to lead teams to alignment and high performance levels
* Strategic Thinking: Developing insight, hypotheses, and conclusions based on consideration of a broad range of factors, including MedAssets, the customer, the market, competition, etc. Ability to translate the conclusions into recommendations or decisions that have strategic implications (e.g. require trade-offs and have multi-year time horizon and potential for significant impact on the business).
* Executive Communication: Creating content and messages that are clear, compelling and relevant to customer executives. Communicating the messages in a concise and interesting manner through dialogue, presentations and written documents. Includes the ability to write effective emails and letters, conduct productive meetings and maintain mutual dialogue with customer executives, including conversational prospecting.
* Business Value Proposition Development: Creating and communicating memorable benefit statements that position the value and differentiation of MedAssets offerings. This may include significant account, market and competitive research, as well as analysis and distillation of findings and calculations into a clear, focused proposal.
* Planning: Distilling and documenting data and analysis into an actionable plan, with strategic objectives, tactical actions, timelines and progress milestones. This also includes regular review and updating of the plan to track progress and adjust the strategy / tactics as appropriate.
* Financial Acumen: Applying hospital and MedAssets business knowledge to calculate the financial cost/benefit of a particular product or service - for both the customer and MedAssets. Capability to define creative solutions for customers that deliver a financial win-win for the hospital and MedAssets.
* 15 years experience, 8 year in the healthcare industry, including at least one of the following:
* 7 yrs consultative selling to executives
* 7 years sales experience cultivating prospects and opening new accounts
* 3 yrs as an Executive in the healthcare industry
* 5 yrs Management consulting in the healthcare industry
Travel: Must have the ability to travel 60-80% of the time within assigned Northeast territory (PA, NJ, NY, CT, MA, NH).
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that an employee must meet to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Physical Demands:While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to move around the work area; sit; perform manual tasks; operate tools and other office equipment such as computer, computer peripherals and telephones; extend arms; kneel; talk and hear. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
* Mental Demands: the employee must be able to follow directions, to get along with others,and handle stress;
* Work environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually minimal.
MedAssets is an Equal Opportunity Employer and ensures its employment decisions comply with principles embodied in Title VII, the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Vietnam Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, Executive Order 11246, Revised Order Number 4, and applicable state regulations.
Remote, , United States
SCM Sour- Indirect SCM