Mechanical and Regulatory Engineer1674487
Business GE Power & Water
Business Segment Power & Water
About Us GE works on things that best people and the best technologies taking on the toughest challenges. Finding solutions in energy, health and home, transportation and finance. Building, powering, moving and curing the world. Not just imagining. Doing. GE works. Working for GE Power and Water is exciting & e see what you are missing!
Posted Position Title Mechanical and Regulatory Engineer
Career Level Experienced
Function Segment Product Design and Development
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces California
Postal Code 90703-2244
Relocation Expenses Yes
Role Summary/Purpose GE is an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation.
GE Heat Recovery Solutions, a world leader in the development and manufacture of organic Rankine cycle power plants, is currently seeking candidates for the position of Mechanical & Regulatory Engineer at our facility in Cerritos, CA. Candidate will participate in our product design team, who are changing the power generation industry with our industry-leading technology and distributed power solutions.
Essential Responsibilities This position will encompass all aspects of the Mechanical Engineering function. In addition, you will:
* Perform and assist in all aspects of mechanical engineering related to the design of the HRS Waste Heat Recovery product including the thermodynamic cycle design, component selection (i.e. heat exchangers, pumps, valves, etc.), and compliance
* Be responsible for mechanical design and analysis including application of dimensioning / tolerance, and configuration management in a solid modeling environment
* Perform cycle analysis and develop modeling tools for system level performance
* Preparation of program plans, conceptual design, feasibility studies, analysis, specification, prototyping, and testing, with responsibilities and involvement continuing through to product launch and full production implementation
* Test and validate the design for present and future products before release to manufacturing
* Interface with internal sourcing and suppliers to ensure design requirements are met
* Product acceptance and compliance with required internal and external standards for safety, reliability, and performance
* Product Compliance Engineering lead for system activities to ensure regulatory agency compliance, specifications and special customer requirements
* Create and maintain design technical files in accordance with Pressure Equipment Directive (PED), 97/23/EC
* Support activities as the Product Safety Engineering lead
* Ensure conformance to design and specification, develop manufacturing test plan
* Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering
* Minimum of 5 years of experience as a design engineer, working on complex mechanical systems such as industrial refrigeration, steam or power generation systems
* Minimum of 1 year of experience designing organic rankine cycle, power cycle, or refrigeration cycle systems
* Minimum of 1 year of experience with UL, CSA, CE and other national and international standards and codes
* Ability and willingness to travel as required
Additional Eligibility Qualifications GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Master of Science in Mechanical Engineering
* Professional Engineering license
* Direct hands on experience in dealing with regulatory agencies (UL, CE, CSA)
* Knowledge of fabrication methods in a manufacturing environment is a plus
* Strong knowledge in thermodynamics, fluid flow and heat transfer is a must
* Strong documentation skills
* Knowledge of regulatory agency (CE, UL, CSA) requirements is required
* Skilled in Product Safety Engineering Tools (FMEA, HazOp, SAFER, Shadow)
* Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
* Able to develop and document test set up and procedures
* Able to handle several assignments in a multi-team, high paced environment
* Customer / product applications support
* Motivated team player
Why join one great company when you can join many? At GE, we're passionate about making life better with new ideas and technologies. We're diverse, supporting our communities in more than 100 countries. Experience personal growth and competency development as part of the GE team.
In the energy industry, we are one of the world''s leading suppliers of power generation and energy delivery technologies in all areas of the energy industry including coal, oil, natural gas and nuclear energy as well as with renewable resources such as water, wind, solar and alternative rn More about GE Power and Water Today!
To stay connected with exciting news and the latest job opportunities from GE AMSTC, Aviation, Oil & Gas, Power & Water and Transportation, follow us on twitter:@geconnections