Process Maintenance Senior ForemanTitle: Process Maintenance Senior Foreman
Welcome to Newmont, a leading gold producer with operations on five continents. Employing approximately 34,000 employees and contractors worldwide, Newmont operates core assets in North America, South America, Australia, Indonesia, and Ghana, with new mine projects currently being developed. Newmont is committed to high standards and leadership in the areas of environmental management and health and safety for its employees and neighboring communities.
Oversee maintenance planning and scheduling for the process plant.
* To ensure planning and scheduling of preventive maintenance and repair work orders into the CMMS (SAP).
* To prevent equipment breakdowns.
* To reduce unplanned equipment maintenance.
* To provide support to the Maintenance work groups.
* To increase reliability and availability of plant equipment.
* To plan and utilize available resources.
* To ensure that maintenance works are carried out under safe conditions.
* Interact with purchasing department to ensure that parts, supplies and resources are available to accomplish work assignment within maintenance department in a timely manner.
· Become familiar with and strictly adhere to Newmont's Health, Safety and Environmental standards. Act as a role model in complying with and supporting these standards and practices.
* Provide direction and assistance to the maintenance planners and data engineers.
* Manage minor and major shutdowns.
* Establish and maintain the long term maintenance schedule. Ensure the schedule is reviewed with key stakeholders at least twice each year.
* Ensure weekly planning and scheduling meetings are conducted for all work groups.
* Monitor and audit the performance of the Maintenance Planners, including the review of performance indicators and a sampling of planned work orders for compliance to the requirements of fully planned work.
* Ensure New Work Requests are reviewed, approved and processed appropriately.
* Ensure Work Orders are Fully Planned and resourced prior to being scheduled.
* Ensure planned work is Scheduled based on priority and availability of plant.
* Ensure the Maintenance Schedule and Work Packs are issued to each work group.
* Ensure the timely completion ofWork Orders in the CMMS, including booking of trade hours, issuing of materials and completion of coding.
* Ensure that improvement actions suggested on completed work orders are reviewed and actioned.
* Ensure Component Tracing changes are being updated in the CMMS.
* Plan and Schedule Shutdown work as required, including
o Ensure all shutdowns are fully planned and resourced, with a MS Project Gantt Chart developed for all activities.
* Review work orders and MSTs for inclusion in shutdowns and change work groups as required.
* Export shutdown work orders to MS Project, as required.
* Determine shutdown critical path activities, update shutdown schedule as required. Update CMMS based on changes made to the shutdown schedule.
* Finalize and commit shutdown scope, budget and schedule.
o Ensure all shutdowns have critical path jobs identified and these have been reviewed to minimize the shutdown duration.
* Attend, participate and lead regular planning, scheduling and shutdown meetings as required.
* Contractor management including work orders, service orders, tracking purchases to ensure that preferred suppliers of labor and materials are used and rates adhered. Manage invoices and payment approvals.
* Assist Maintenance Supervisors to plan and resource P1 & P2 work orders, as required.
* Manage coding of work orders to suit the requirements of the budgeting tool (AMT).
* Monitor and Support the Condition Monitoring effort at Process Maintenance, including Regular discussions with the Maintenance Planner, CBM to review results, trends and recommendations resulting from condition monitoring.
* Accountable for ownership of the Process Maintenance MOS elements MN1, MN5, MN6, MN7, MN20 and meetings M6, M7, M8, M12, M13A and M13B, which entails:
* Resolving MOS Element non-conformances by direct intervention/coaching wherever possible or referring non-conformances to direct supervisor for resolution if initial efforts are not successful.
* Responsibility for taking action on identified improvement opportunities to the MOS Element.
* Ensuring that all MOS Element documentation is current and approved changes to the MOS Element is communicated to all involved stakeholders.
* Inducting new team members in their respective MOS elements.
The above duties and responsibilities are representative of the nature and level of work assigned and are not necessarily all-inclusive.
ESSENTIALS SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or HND Mechanical or Electrical Engineering with minimum 6 years working experience in the process plant.
· Be strong team player.
· Commitment to company values.
· Thorough knowledge of maintenance principles and industry standards.
· Thorough knowledge of the work management process.
· Thorough knowledge of planning and scheduling.
· Thorough knowledge of condition monitoring principles and its application, especially oil sampling and vibration analysis.
· General knowledge of performance measures and their interpretation.
· General knowledge of defect elimination methodologies and their interpretation.
· Thorough knowledge of the operation of the CMMS (SAP).
· Ability to effectively prioritize jobs in order of importance
· Strong knowledge in MS Office Suite and MS Project.
· Ability to interpret mechanical and electrical engineering drawings
DESIREABLE SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
· Knowledge and experience with Reliability Centered Maintenance (RCM), Root Cause Analysis (RCA), Top 10 Analysis of Breakdowns.
· Ability to use SKF vibration pens.
· Ability to use vibration Analyzer.